Self adhesive stickers have become a cost-effective & easy-to-use labeling component for consumer goods. Check out its global market projections for 2030
Be it Pharma, food and beverages, or the consumer goods industry, Self-adhesive Labels have profound usage in a number of customer durables.
The rising consumption of goods by a rather large population has further fueled the growth of the self-adhesive labels industry to a peaking high.
Recent studies by PolarisMarketResearch has found that the global self-adhesive stickers market will witness a CAGR of 5.3% alongside a market size worth of $73.97 billion by 2030.
Besides being used for brand advertising, these labels also showcase a product’s ingredients/ components, usage, manufacturing dates, etc.
Since these types of Adhesive based paper/ film labels are extremely durable and affordable compared to cold glue labeling, the market need has been steadily increasing every passing day.
- 1 A Glimpse into the Adhesive Label Manufacturing Process
- 2 The Global Adhesives Market Size & Projections for 2030
- 3 5 Key Drivers Responsible for the Global Self-Adhesive Stickers Market Growth
- 4 The Bottomline
A Glimpse into the Adhesive Label Manufacturing Process
Before stepping into exploring the nuances of the self-adhesive market growth, here’s a complete breakdown of how labels are manufactured and printed at scale.
1.The main label material called the facestock is the prime component of any label and can be made to be moisture-resistant or sunproof.
2. The facestock is stuck onto the liner with the help of an adhesive , which usually is either removable or permanent.
3. The facestock can be a coated paper, laminated, or silicon fiber-based synthetic in nature.
4. The adhesive label printing process takes place in a large industry setup via different techniques namely thermal printing, offset printing, embossing, flex or digital printing practices.
5. Once the printing is complete, the labels are cut in the required dimensions and go through quality checks.
6. These labels are then stuck onto consumer durables by hand or via an automated process.
The Global Adhesives Market Size & Projections for 2030
The self-adhesives market has been skyrocketing at a rapid pace mainly after the onset of the COVID-19 outbreak. Several places including hospitals, malls, airports, petrol stations, and public spots have begun using these labels to constantly remind people of the precautionary measures to be followed at large.
Also, it is to be noted that brand advertising and displaying product information aren’t the only reasons self-adhesive labels are widely used across industries, it is also used for tracking dosages, to prove the authenticity of a particular good, and display the product’s certification.
Furthermore, factors such as increased urbanization, demand for quality consumer goods like food and beverage, pharma products, and cosmetics, are some of the key reasons the self-adhesive labeling has been projected to amplify majorly in the next 10 years.
The report from Polaris Market Research illustrates the following findings:
- Back in 2021, the self-adhesive market size was $46.88 bn.
- The forecast for 2030 reveals that the market is set to grow at a CAGR of 5.33% from 2022 to 2030 resulting in a revenue of $73.97 bn.
- Talking about Geography-wise predictions, Asia Pacific ranks high in majorly contributing to the rising growth of the self-adhesive industry. Its large population and increased availability of raw materials have further fueled the production of adhesive labeling at scale.
- Similarly, it is North America that yields high revenue with the USA, with its relatively large e-commerce sector, being a key contributor to the growth of the self-adhesives market size.
- The self-adhesive label manufacturers like 3M, Avery Dennison, CS Labels, All4Labels Group, BSP Labels, CCL Industries, Coveris Holdings and many other leading players will continue to play a significant role in the spanning of the self-adhesives market
5 Key Drivers Responsible for the Global Self-Adhesive Stickers Market Growth
1. Affordable Raw Materials
The main components of these stickers are basic paper or silica fibers manufactured in resistance to moisture, and heat, making them highly flexible and durable, and at the same time highly cost-effective means of preparing these labels. Since the cost incurred is very much less compared to other complex types of label making, self-adhesive labels are highly economical for usage in varied verticals.
2. Rise in Demand for Packaged Food
Food packaging is an industry that has and will never face a decline, no matter how many years pass. Fast food outlets, takeaways, and meal delivery services have multi-folded vastly in the past decade, and food packaging is one of the significant driving factors the self-adhesive labels are gaining immense traction among both local food vendors, and large food and beverage enterprises alike.
3. Pharmaceutical Needs
All thanks to the advanced pharmaceutical products the world is producing, the lifespan of an average human has increased. This rise in pharmaceutical product manufacturing has subsequently risen the demand for self-adhesive Pharma labels to a great extent. From supply and logistics point of view to product composition, dosages, batch number, and expiry details, these stickers play a diverse range of roles in the pharma industry.
4. Rise in Per-Capita Income
The increase in PayScale for the workforce across industries and a more financially stable population has led to more consumption of consumer durables like electronics, clothing and apparel, and other goods on a larger scale. This, in turn, calls for more packaging and more stickering to meet the needs of billions of daily sales of goods across the world.
5. Security Reasons
For several of the consumer goods, it is essential that the labels are tamper-proof on the packaging level. There are self-adhesive labels that are used for printing barcodes alongside other information which easily ensures the product is authentic. This scenario holds great usage in highly-priced products.
The product labeling market is all set to witness a revolutionary growth, the self-adhesive market experts garnering reigning success in terms of sales and ROIs.
In ten years time, as the demand and consumption of consumer goods will vastly expand, the monetary value of the adhesive stickers industry will multifold as well.
While ease of use and durability are key drivers for industries to incline to self-adhesive labels rather than their conventional counterpart, it is the simplified manufacturing process that accounts for the industry’s massive growth.
In conclusion, it is estimated that the self-adhesive industry will be one of the most profitable investments for venture capitalists as the reports reveal definite returns with no fluctuations whatsoever.